Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Humble & Kind


What a great day we had yesterday for our graduating seniors. The awards ceremony was held at the Niswonger Performing Arts Center in Van Wert and it was a first class celebration. It was great to see so many family members, home school representatives, scholarship presenters and staff in attendance. You couldn't help but be excited for our seniors as they head out into the real world and all the great opportunities they have ahead of them. As always seniors, you will be missed and we hope you find the time to stop by and say hello.

As for the juniors...What a great job you did yesterday as you watched from the balcony. I understand that you were so well behaved and very attentive. It will only be a matter of time that you will be up on that stage and be receiving your passports and awards. I hope you heard what Makayla Ryan had to say in her speech when she mentioned to "work hard next year and get involved in as many things as you can. You will not regret it". Those words speak volumes. Stay involved, volunteer, be here everyday and respect your classmates and staff. If you live by those words, you will have a very successful senior year. We are looking forward to all of you coming back. Please have a safe and relaxing summer.

As many readers know, I like to quote some of my favorite songs, especially country. Well a recent song by Tim McGraw says a lot and I hope it has some meaning for you. It's titled, Humble & Kind".

Hold the door, say please, say thank you
Don't steal, don't cheat, and don't lie
I know you got mountains to climb but
Always stay humble and kind
When the dreams you're dreamin' come to you
When the work you put in is realized
Let yourself feel the pride but
Always stay humble and kind

Don't expect a free ride from no one
Don't hold a grudge or a chip and here's why
Bitterness keeps you from flyin'
Always stay humble and kind...

This is my final blog of the year. As always, I thank all of you readers for following my blog and some very kind comments I receive. I have just gone over 20,000 views on my blog so I have to remember to stay humble and kind. Thank you and have a great summer.

1 comment:

  1. Mr. Fisher,

    Thank you so very much for the wonderful blogs that you have written. I know it takes a lot of time and effort to write them and I want you to know that the words you put on paper have a profound influence on the people who read them. Have a great summer and enjoy your vacation!

    ReplyDelete