Friday, August 19, 2016

Welcome Students

Well I have been back from summer vacation for almost two weeks now and I guess it is time to start another year of blogging. I hope you continue to follow the blog and I will try my best to make it interesting and informative. I thank you for reading and following along.

New students will start back on Monday, August 22nd and then on Tuesday, we will have everyone back to school. I hope the new students are looking forward to a wonderful year here at Vantage and all the opportunities that are available to you. I realize many of you will be nervous, excited or even a little scared about coming to Vantage. I understand all that because I realize you are making a big move. You are leaving many of your friends and starting over at a brand new school with all new people. Trust me when I say that you just need to give it a couple of weeks and you will be fine. In no time at all you will feel very comfortable around here. You will know your way around the building and you will be meeting new friends, some who just might become friends for a lifetime. Everyone here at Vantage is so glad you chose to come here for your final years of high school. We will do our best to provide you with all the opportunities to be successful not only in college, if you choose to go, but also in your future career. I promise that you will be more prepared for your career of choice simply because you came to Vantage. I think that before long you will agree with me when I say that we have some of the best teachers and staff in the area. Please set some high goals for yourself this year and work hard to achieve those goals.

I also welcome back the seniors this year. I wish you all the best in your final year of high school. When you come back this year, you will notice some new faces around the building. As many of you know, we have a new Director of the high school. Mr. Tony Unverferth (Mr. U) has replaced Mr. Winans as the Director. We wish Mr. Winans all the best as the new Superintendent at Wayne Trace High School and thank him for a great job here at Vantage. Replacing Mr. U in the social studies classroom will be Mr. Ray Gibson. Mr. Gibson will be teaching Military History and the Government & Economics class. Mrs. VanTilburg has decided to take some time off from teaching and spend it with her new baby. We will miss her a lot but look forward to working with her replacement Ms. Diane Font. Ms. Font will now be teaching Medical Office Management. Mrs. Alaina Ellis is the new front office secretary. She is replacing Mrs. Diane Mercer who is now retired and spending some quality time with her family and her quilting. We will also miss her tremendously but know that Mrs. Ellis will greet all our guests and students with that same warmth and friendly smile. One final change for this year is our wonderful Student Services secretary. No we did not lose Mrs. Hatcher, however, she is now married and is Mrs. Yearling. Congratulations and many wonderful years Mrs. Yearling.

Finally, I hope all of you come back with at least one big goal for this year. If I can recommend one goal for you, it would be to shoot for a great attendance year. I can't stress enough how much attendance and grades are related. Would you believe our top 11 students averaged 4.0 school days missed. Our bottom ten students missed an average of 23 days. If you come to school every day, you will be successful. Well welcome back and let's have a great school year.

No comments:

Post a Comment