Thursday, December 17, 2015

Merry Christmas

Well it is only one week until Christmas day. I hope everyone will enjoy their time off and take time to celebrate with friends and family. Christmas time is always such a hectic time with all the visiting we do, all the meals and the preparation, and of course the presents. This season is also a time to reflect, relax and enjoy. I hope each and everyone of you will find time to do just that. I don't think we will be having a white Christmas this year or have the chance to use those new sleds or ice skates. I have a feeling that it won't be this nice all winter but I have to admit, I sure am enjoying the nice weather we had last weekend and earlier this week.

I know as we get closer to Christmas, a lot of us will experience sadness and excitement. We remember the loved ones who are no longer with us but yet we celebrate with the young ones in our life. I am looking forward to my first Christmas with my little granddaughter Sierra. She is nine months old now and the excitement on her face when she looks at all the lights and decorations is so precious. We must remember to never let the sadness ruin the simple joy of the children. Most of them have not lived long enough to go through the sadness and suffering that us older adults have gone through. I believe we should allow them to see all the brightness, happiness and joy that comes with this season. So of course there will be sad memories but we can also make so many more happy memories for all of those around us. I hope you will take time this vacation to listen to the music, enjoy the company and find time to laugh. I realize many of us have so many traditions that we try to keep up every year, but if those traditions are keeping you so busy that you don't take time to relax, then maybe it is time to re-think those traditions.

I will be taking some time off from this blog until we return to school in January. I wish all of you a very Merry Christmas and a great New Year. Thanks to all of you who continue to read and enjoy my blog. Enjoy the holidays!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment