Thursday, September 24, 2015

What's up with...

I don't know if anyone else has noticed the new icons that are popping up in Google Chrome when you log on, but recently they have suddenly appeared. If you look on the top right of the screen, you will notice three new icons. Now some of you may be very familiar with them but I am sure some of you have no idea what they are for. With that in mind, and because I wasn't sure what they were for, I have a quick and brief overview to help you use these handy features.

MOVENOTE: This is a feature that allows you to make and send video presentations to anyone you want. Simply click on the icon and begin making a video presentation. You can use a current presentation you have in Google drive or you can create a brand new one. It is all very simple to use and to learn. I found a great video on it that is about seven minutes in length that can be found at this URL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsKiISv1nR4. You can also use this in GMAIL. It is a great way for students to turn in homework assignments, etc... Get some great ideas on how to use MOVENOTE at www.movenote.com.



SHARE TO CLASSROOM: This is one I am sure I don't need to discuss in great detail. I know our teachers are using classroom all the time. This just allows the student or teacher to simply click the icon and whatever they are working on will be shared with the classroom or individual students.





CLEARLY: Clearly is put out by Evernote and is definitely my favorite. This app allows you to read any article distraction free and then print it. This makes blog posts, webpages and articles clean and easy to read. You can also save them to Evernote and read them anywhere. So many times I need to print off articles or college websites for our students and this allows me to print them with no advertising and no distractions, just plain print. Give it a try. I know you will love this one and it is so easy to use.


Well I hope this information is useful for you. Thanks to all who came to the College night last night. What a great turnout! Have a great weekend, the weather is going to be beautiful.

1 comment:

  1. Great article Mr. Fisher. I did notice these new app icons and tried some of them out. I also made my own Chrome App for note taking (shameless plug) https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/every-one-note/aimhkcaffnimpjooobaoonocbpnccfjm

    ReplyDelete