Thursday, September 10, 2015

The Fabric of our School

Sometimes it can be difficult coming up with an idea for this blog and sometimes the ideas come to me at the strangest times. I have gotten ideas while driving, golfing, vacationing and even sleeping. Now this one came to me in a strange way. For many of you, you have no idea that my wife loves to quilt, and in my opinion is very very good at what she does. I think her quilts are absolutely beautiful and an expression of her and her talent. Well that is where the idea for this blog came to me. While I was looking at one of her quilts, I couldn't help but think of how all those fabrics came together to produce something so wonderful. It's interesting because some of the pieces by themselves are rather simple and very ordinary. Now other pieces by themselves can be loud, bright and very busy. However, when they are put together, they make a masterpiece.

This is where the idea for this blog came to me. I thought of all the students that we have here at Vantage and the ones that come to us every year. We have such a diverse population of students here at Vantage and the mixture always makes it so interesting. We have the quiet students who barely say anything unless spoken to. We also have the outgoing students who love to get involved in everything and allow their opinions to be heard. I love the idea that we have so many non-traditional students here at Vantage. We have had the males in cosmetology, early childhood and the health tech programs and we also have had the females in welding, precision machining, electricity, auto body and carpentry. Our students come from different social and economic backgrounds. We have students who are interested in racing cars, hunting, sports, play acting, singing, musicals and the list goes on and on. I hope you can see what I am getting at. We are very lucky here at Vantage because we get such a different group of students but when you put them all together, we end up with a beautiful masterpiece, our great school.

Friday we will get to celebrate our appreciation for this great group of students. I hope all of you will have a great time and enjoy the activities, rain or shine. Thanks again for coming to Vantage and making our school a beautiful quilt of different students. As always, stop in and see me anytime you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment