Thursday, March 19, 2020

The New Normal

As I type this blog, sitting in my home office (Dining room), I can't help but think how strange all of this is. I am sure it is just as strange for all of you students also. I think this is something we will have to get used to for quite awhile. I hope everyone is checking in to their classes everyday and doing their assignments. If you haven't been doing this, you need to check in everyday and be working on your assignments. If not, you will be marked absent and receive zeroes for your work. Mr. Miller will also be making calls and see why you haven't been checking in. Third quarter grades should be posted tomorrow, Friday March 20th. For all of you seniors that are going on to college, here is a good article to read: https://pleasantonweekly.com/blogs/p/2020/03/12/finishing-strong-colleges-can-revoke-admission-offers. The article is a reminder that colleges can still pull back your acceptance it they feel your grades dropped the last quarter of your senior year. I just want everyone to work hard and finish strong and lets get this crazy year over with.

I also found some information that I thought would be useful for anyone who is feeling a little stressed through all of this. I use an app called "Calm" and they are offering a lot of free resources during this Coronavirus crisis. They offer a lot of useful ways to keep yourself relaxed, calm and less stressed. Please check it out here: https://www.calm.com/blog/take-a-deep-breath?utm_source=lifecycle&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=difficult_times_nonsubs_031720

Finally, I hope you are watching our morning announcements each day. Mr. Knott is streaming a video of himself as he reads the morning announcements each day. This is another way to keep connected and stay in a routine. I hope you will watch this mornings video because it ends in a really cute way. I won't spoil it for you though. Take care and stay stress free.

1 comment:

  1. Jim. you always have that way to instill calm and a sense of pride in everyone and I always appreciate reading your posts. Got out the article the other day that you wrote before I retired and it brought tears to my eyes as I do miss those days but knew that it was time. Stay healthy.

    ReplyDelete