Wednesday, December 20, 2017

A Very Merry Christmas

Well Christmas is just a few days away and I know many of you are looking forward to the time off of school and spending time with friends and family. I hope that all of you will find the time to relax and soak in the spirit of this beautiful holiday. I realize it is also a sad time for many as we think about loved ones who are no longer with us. My wish is that you would be able to think about all the wonderful memories you shared with that special person and also remember how lucky you were to have known them. One thing that Christmas reminds us of is the fact that life goes by pretty fast. Many of us remember when our children were young and so excited to see the toys on Christmas morning and then in a blink, they are raising children of their own. I don't think that is a bad thing, it is just the way life goes. I plan on spending time with my granddaughter who is almost three years old now. I want to watch the excitement in her eyes as she bakes cookies, watches the Christmas lights and opens her presents on Christmas Eve. I am certain I will be thinking about my parents who provided so many great Christmas memories for our family but are no longer around to see their great-grandchildren grow. I will chat long distance to my brothers and sister and share memories all over again. Most of all however, I will remember the real reason for the season and count my blessings. I hope you will do that also. Have a very Merry Christmas and see you back here on the 3rd of January.

No comments:

Post a Comment