Thursday, March 23, 2017

Teens & Tires

Recently I had the opportunity to preview and judge a Business Professionals of America (BPA) project that was done in our Interactive Media class. Three students from that class, Andrea Kremer, Aubrey Kremer, and Alex Foust, put together a public service message on the danger of car tire wear and accidents that are caused by worn out tires. These three students competed at the district level and then went on to compete at the state level. Unfortunately they did not finish high enough to move on to the Nationals in Florida but nonetheless, they did an awesome job.

I have included the youtube video of their project. I hope you will take the time to watch it and pay attention. There are some very good tips and some interesting statistics that are provided. After watching the video, I went out and checked my tires and noticed that they were worn out badly. I took advantage of our day off this past Tuesday and purchased four new tires for my vehicle. I thanked each one of these students for reminding all of us about the importance of checking our car tires.

Not only is the video a great message for everybody, but it is well worth watching just to see the awesome work that Mrs Jill DeWert is teaching our Interactive Media students. This video is a first class presentation. While watching the video, notice all the different camera angles, the different visuals and the great job they did with the interviews. Also, notice the last scene when the blue car is driving away. Alex hooked up a Go-Pro camera to his vehicle with duct tape and drove down the road. It came out pretty cool looking and I'm glad to say, the duct tape held. I am very proud of Alex, Andrea and Aubrey and I hope you will be too after watching "Teens & Tires". Great job and congratulations to all three.

Click here to watch the video.


No comments:

Post a Comment