Thursday, December 11, 2014

Tis the Season

I hope everyone has had a chance to take a look at the commons area before it gets emptied out tomorrow. If not, I have included a picture of what these fantastic students and wonderful faculty and staff have done. In the words of Amy Grothouse "What an amazing group". Amy stated that this year we have raised a record amount for the Toss a Toy campaign, over $2,200 in cash and toys. I hope each and every one of you are proud of what you have accomplished. I had one student tell me, "You know when I first put my toy in the box, I didn't really feel I was making a difference but when you look at the stage now, WOW it is incredible and I feel so good". That really says it all. It is amazing what we can all accomplish when we work together. I know Amy would also like to thank Mrs. Osenga (Early Childhood instructor) and Mrs. Wilhelm for all their help on the project.

Well we are winding down on this busy week and heading into our finals week. I hope everyone is ready, relaxed and taking their exams seriously. I know that this upcoming week can be stressful and cause a lot of students to get anxious and agitated. Please don't allow it to be that way. Take each test one at a time and do your best. I know if you prepare properly and study the way that suits you best, you will be o.k. Just to remind you, the first quarter counts as 40% of your semester grade, the second quarter also counts for 40% of your grade and the final exam is 20% of your semester grade. You can see why it is important to study hard and take the exam serious. The final exam can really help improve your grade.

As we are a week past our assembly on "Rachel's Challenge", I hope every student has thought about how they can improve themselves and treat others better. I saw so many people touched during the assembly and showing a lot of tears, now this week I deal with students who are hurt and crying because of something that was said to them. Before you say something hurtful to another student, think for a minute how it may really hurt that person. Probably someone that you don't even know. Think about the fact that you have no idea what that person may be going through at home. If you're laughing at their clothes, hair or shoes, think that maybe that is the best they can afford. If you're laughing at the way they talk or walk, think that maybe they have a physical problem that they can do nothing about. Think about the fact that the student may have lost someone near and dear to them this past year and they are really hurting during this holiday season. Maybe instead of saying something to hurt them, you can do something to help them. Remember, it tis the season.

Take care and have a great weekend and study hard. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment