Thursday, April 16, 2020

Some Good News

While I was listening to Mr. Knott's morning announcements today, I came up with an idea for today's blog. You may have heard Mr. Knott mention that yesterday he was kind of down in the dumps and just a funky kind of day. A lot had to do with the weather and being stuck inside, but he also mentioned that he was watching too much news and following the Corona crisis on social media. Now, Mr. Knott must not be reading my blog (just kidding) because I have warned all of you about watching the news and how it can bring you down. However, with that being said, I want to point out that there is some news that I hope you would watch. I don't know how many of you are fans of "The Office" sitcom that was on years ago but is still played all the time on reruns. Well John Krasinski (Jim on the show) felt the same way about all the news that is on 24/7 so he decided to come up with "Some Good News" youtube show. He said he had no idea how big this would get. It now has 16 million views. It tells all the good things that people are doing throughout this crisis. It really is heart warming and makes you feel good to watch it. He just finished his third episode this week. I will put the links here and you can watch them at your leisure. They are about 10-15 minutes each but very enjoyable.
Episode #1

Episode #2

Episode #3

I also would like to share something else I came across. As some of you may know, I am a big Mitch Albom fan. Mitch wrote "Tuesdays with Morrie", "The Five People You Meet In Heaven" and several others. Well during this crisis, he is trying something new. He is writing a book in real time. His book is about the Coronavirus crisis and how a small town in Michigan deals with it. The book is fiction but it touches on the very things we are going through today. He is posting the book for free, that's right , no charge. However, he is writing a chapter per week and then releasing it on the internet. Last week was the first chapter. I have already recommended this to several other people and they are hooked. Today he comes out with chapter 2 and I can't wait. The book is titled, "Human Touch". Just visit humantouchstory.com and start reading today. I know you will enjoy it and find it uplifting.

Well I hope everyone is doing well and staying healthy. A reminder, you can email me anytime you want to talk and I will get back with you as soon as possible. Finally, remember, there is always some good news out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment