Thursday, November 1, 2018

The Book Fair Is Coming!

I don't know how familiar you may be with the movie "Elf", but one of the funny scenes in the movie is while Elf is working at Gimbels department store. The manager announces that they need to clean up the store because "Santa will be here tomorrow". Well Elf gets so excited and starts running around yelling "Santa is coming, Santa is coming". Well, that is  how I get when Mrs. Knodel announces that the "Book Fair is Coming!". I guess I just love to read and feel I can't have enough books (although my wife thinks I have way too many books already).

Well, in case you haven't heard, the book fair is coming to Vantage very soon. The book fair will start on November 30th and continue until December 7th. This is such a great deal for all our staff and students. You will receive 30% off and there is no tax. If there is a certain book you want, just let Mrs. Knodel know and she will order it for you. Books make great gifts for the Christmas season and they are great to cozy up with next to a warm fire during these long winter months. If there are any books you want to order, please let Mrs. Knodel know by Monday, November 19th.

While I am on the topic of the media center, I just want to add a few comments while I have your attention. I hope everyone takes advantage of our media center. I haven't been to a lot of libraries in the local schools in this area, but I truly believe this has to be one of the best around. I have spoken with substitute teachers that have been in our school and they agree. Mrs Knodel does such an awesome job constantly changing things up and making the media center attractive and interesting for our students.

Recently, I was speaking to Mrs Knodel and found out that she will be hosting several different clubs in the media center this year. If you are interested in finding out the types of clubs or the dates and times, please see Mrs. Knodel. Once again, we have an awesome resource right here at Vantage Career Center. As a counselor, what I like about the media center is that if a student doesn't want to sit in the cafeteria during lunch, and they are looking for a quiet place to get away or read, then the media center is open to them. I have seen students go into the media center at lunch and end up meeting friends that share the same interests. It could be in the type of books they read or maybe they enjoy playing chess or checkers. This is a safe place that just gives our students another option so that they can feel at home. Thanks Mrs. Knodel for all you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment