Friday, May 4, 2018

One To Go

As I was standing at my "post" this morning saying good morning to all the students as they entered the school, Mr. Matt Miller mentioned to me that we only had one full week of school left this year. I was really surprised by this probably because I just hadn't thought about it. However, that is the truth. We only have next week and then the following week our Seniors will be having their award ceremony on Friday morning (May 18th @ 9:30). Matt and I discussed how the end of the year really crept up on us. We realize that every year seems to go really fast once the calendar hits April but why was this year feeling so different. I think the big thing has to be the weather. It seems like we had snow about a week or two ago and we were just waiting for Spring to get here. When the nicer weather arrives each year, we know that we have about a month of school left or close to it. Well this is really the first nice week of warm weather and we look at the calendar and see that we have just ten days of school remaining.

So with that said, the seniors will be getting really busy working on their portfolios, finishing up exams and finalizing all their graduation plans. I know some of you may be thinking that May 18th can't get here quick enough, but I hope that you will take some time and really think about the last 12 years of school, your accomplishments, all your friends and the many memories you made. Take time to reflect about where you are now compared to your freshman year. Reflect on where you are heading in the next stage of your life. I hope you have certain goals set as to where you want to be in four years or maybe ten. Setting goals is a great way for you to keep yourself focused. Goals are something that can drive you to be a better person and work harder.

I hope that all of you will finish strong and work hard on your final projects or final exams. Those can be the difference between pass and fail. Now is not the time to quit. You don't run a race just to come up a little short. Finish the race strong and bust through the finish line with your arms raised high and shouting "I DID IT". All of you should be proud of your accomplishments and the fact that you are graduating in two short weeks. I hope you will stop by my office one more time to chat, say hello or just talk about your future plans (and let me know of any scholarships you have received). The next two weeks will go fast, trust me. Find time to enjoy it and chat with your favorite teacher or staff member. Remember, time flies when you are having fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment