Sunday, October 29, 2017

Actors Among Us

I know I have been at Vantage for quite awhile now and I can honestly say that I don't ever remember having actors among our students (I could be mistaken, so I apologize beforehand). However, this year is a little different. Just the other day I was told that Jeremiah Simerman (Senior Construction Equipment Technology program) was in a movie that is out on DVD and available through Amazon. I quickly went to Amazon and searched for "Two Steps From Hope" and sure enough there was the cover of the DVD and Jeremiah was on the cover. The trailer was available to watch, so I thought I would see how good of an actor he was. I was instantly intrigued. From what I saw, he looked very good and the movie looked very professional. I knew I would have to watch it over the weekend. I am very glad that I did. The movie is a Christian movie and it was written and produced by junior and senior high school students. The acting was very good and the quality of the film is outstanding. This is a great movie to get the family together and watch, however, I will warn you that you may shed a tear or two. The movie is about when tragedy strikes, a teen struggles to keep her once perfect family from falling apart. I believe the entire movie was filmed in Indiana. In speaking with Jeremiah, he told me that it took over two years to produce and film. I think it's pretty cool to be watching a movie and to know one of the actors. Congratulations Jeremiah on an excellent movie and I hope to see you in many more.


We also have Josh England (Senior - Auto Tech) who is currently in a play at the Van Wert Civic Theater. Opening night was last Friday and they will have two more performances coming up next Saturday, November 4th in the evening and then a Sunday matinee. I am hoping to make the matinee next weekend. I have seen Josh perform last year at the Van Wert Civic Theater and he was very good. This play is called "Sitting in a Tree" and from what I hear it is hilarious, however, I believe this one has a sad ending also. Josh, starring as Archie, has a major role in the play. When he showed me the script book last week I was blown away by how many lines he has to remember. I have no idea how Josh can perform in front of a live audience, but he does an excellent job when he is on stage. I believe we will see much more of Josh at the VWCT even after he graduates.

Congratulations to both Jeremiah and Josh. They are truly actors among us.

No comments:

Post a Comment