Sunday, April 30, 2017

Fast

Fast. That's what the next three weeks will feel like for most of our seniors. It is hard to believe but they will be done in just three short weeks. Before any of you seniors realize it, you will be walking across the stage at the Niswonger Performing Arts Center on May 19th. In those three short weeks, you will be preparing your senior portfolio, getting your graduation stuff together, making plans for graduation parties and taking final exams. I know some of you may be thinking that May 19th can't come quick enough, but I hope that you will take some time and really think about your last 12 years of school, your accomplishments, all your friends and those happy and maybe sad memories. Take time to reflect about your four years of high school and think about these questions. Did you accomplish any of the goals you set for yourself? Are you where you thought you would be when you started ninth grade? How has life changed for you over the last four years? These are all good points to ponder as you begin your next stage of life. I believe they will help you plan future goals based on how you met your earlier goals or maybe you never set any earlier goals and now you would like to.

Fast. That really is what life feels like, no matter how old or young you are. There is a country song out now by Luke Bryan and it is called "Fast". In the song he says, "60 seconds now feels more like 30...Sand through the glass sure falls in a hurry and all you keep trying to do is slow it down, soak it in. Keep trying to make the good times last as long as you can but you can't, man it just goes to fast". I was thinking to myself, sure Luke Bryan is 41 years old and he thinks 60 seconds now feels like 30, wait until he gets to be my age. Sixty seconds now feels like fifteen. All joking aside, life does go by fast and I hope that each of you will take the time over the next three weeks to appreciate all you have earned and all that you have ahead of you. I hope that all of you will finish strong and complete all your assignments. If you have any questions regarding your grades or your graduation status, please stop by my office so we can talk. Even if you don't have any concerns or questions, I truly hope you will stop by my office one more time to chat, say hello and let's talk about your future plans. Believe it or not, I will miss many of you and always look forward to our open houses when so many of you come back to say hello and update me on your life. I just ran in to a former AG student at the Big R in Lima yesterday and we had a nice conversation. I was shocked when I found out he has been out of Vantage for almost eight years. One of the things he mentioned to me was how fast those eight years have gone by. Funny, that's what I was thinking.


No comments:

Post a Comment