Sunday, October 30, 2016

Turn Back Time

As you are well aware, next Sunday we will be changing our clocks back one hour and leaving Daylight Savings time. I don't know how you feel about the time change next Sunday, but for me, I have never been real fond of it. I never liked the idea of it being dark an hour or two after we get home from work or school. As Yogi Berra once said "it gets late early out there". It just seems like the energy of the day is already spent and rather than going outside and keeping busy, it's a little to easy to sit down and read or watch t.v. I will appreciate the extra hour of sleep next Saturday night though.

Turning the clock back an hour in the fall and moving it forward in the spring is a strange idea. Can you imagine if we could do that with our life. I was thinking about that today and it was an interesting concept. If I could "turn back time" where would I go to? Would I want to go back to a time when life seemed pretty simple and innocent or would I want to spring forward a few years to see what my children are doing with their lives? It would be interesting to go ahead ten years and see what my granddaughter is doing and what her life is like. If I could go back in time, would I change anything? Would I want to do things over in a different way? I think the answer that I came up with, at least for myself, is that life is pretty good right where I am at. I can look back on life and see the things I've accomplished or maybe some of the things that didn't necessarily go as I would have wanted them to. Either way, they were life lessons that I use in my everyday life. As far as going into the future, I think I am pretty content just holding those plans and dreams in front of me and looking forward to them. After all, I don't want my life to rush by.

I think all of us, especially the students here at Vantage, can look back and see some accomplishments and maybe some disappointments. The important thing is that you learn from them and use them to build your life today. You can also look to the future by setting some awesome goals and working hard to accomplish them. I really think we are all better off by just letting the clocks jump back and forth. Let us live for today and make it the very best day we can. In closing, I would like to say a very happy belated birthday to a dear reader of my blog, Mrs. Van Oss (Kevin's mother). Mrs. Van Oss has lived a nice long life and I'm sure she has so much to be thankful for in her past and also looks forward to her future. I wish you many more birthdays and good health.

No comments:

Post a Comment