Thursday, March 19, 2015

Moments

Well I would hope some of you have missed reading my blog the last few days because I have missed writing it. I always appreciate the comments I receive after posting one of my blogs, so thank you. The reason that I did not write the blog earlier in the week was because I became a grandpa over the weekend. My oldest son and his wife had a baby girl, Sierra Sue Fisher. She was born Saturday morning at 6:45 am and weighed 8 lbs. Needless to say, my wife and I headed down to West Virginia where she was born and we spent the next four days just absolutely adoring her. This is our first grandchild, so as you can imagine we are still beaming from ear to ear. If you happen to stop me in the hall, I will be more than glad to show you some pictures. LOL.

One thing that this great event did do for me, was to make me realize how many special moments we have in our lifetime. This entire weekend and the last two days have been one of those moments. According to Merriam-Webster dictionary, a moment is described as a minute portion of time or a comparatively brief period of time. Now the thing with moments is they eventually end, no matter how brief the period of time is. That is how this weekend was for my wife and I. It was a fantastic moment where we got to see my son being a father and our daughter-in-law being a mother. We witnessed the tremendous amount of love they already have for their child. However, we knew it had to end, we realized that we had to head back to Northwest Ohio while our beautiful granddaughter was going to stay in West Virginia. We both left a big part of our heart back in coal country.

I guess it was that feeling that gave me the idea to write this blog. Even though that moment lasted briefly and it had to end, we appreciated every bit of it. We realize that we will be heading down to see Sierra many, many times over the years. That is the thing about special moments; when you are in them, you should do your best to embrace them and make the most of them. For example, many of you are going to be heading off to college after high school and your life will change. You will pack up your belongings and move into a dorm with friends and strangers. You will say good-bye to your parent(s) or guardians and be starting a new life without them around all the time. It will be a sad time for many of you and many of the adults in your life. But what you have now is a moment. It is a moment of your life that you can make the most of. Try to enjoy the last days of high school and make them special. Take time out of your day to sit and chat with your parent(s) or guardians. Tell them how much you have appreciated them and all the things that they have done for you. Tell them how much you love them. Maybe take the time to stay after school and chat with your favorite teacher. Let them know how they have impacted your life.

These last few months will offer many special moments in your life. Please make the most of them. You will remember them forever and you will be thankful that you took the time to make them special. I also ask that while you are in the moment, that you would realize how special they are at that time. Smile, embrace them, love them and cherish them. Yes, I am talking about your moments but thinking of my granddaughter. Take care and don't forget, I have more pics to share.  

2 comments:

  1. Great Read!! Congrats again Grandpa she is adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! I must have missed this blog. I was not aware you are a grandpa!!!

    ReplyDelete