Monday, February 9, 2015

Thank You Students

What a wonderful open house we had tonight. I always look forward to our open house because it is a chance to talk with our incoming students and their families and to take the opportunity to get to know them a little better. It was nice to see so many in attendance tonight and see the interest the students have in coming over to Vantage.

I also enjoy seeing so many of our current students working in their labs and talking with future students and their families. I realize that all of you that came in tonight to work, are doing this on your own time and not getting compensated. I appreciate that you take the time. I appreciate all the student ambassadors that show our guests around the school and direct everyone where to go. The entire open house works because you students make it work (and Mrs Wilhelm and Ms. Klinger).

I really want to take this time to not only thank all of the students that came in to work tonight but all of the students here at Vantage. The fact that you chose Vantage and allow me to walk alongside you during your final two years of high school is not something I take for granted. That you trust me to share in your pain on difficult days and also allow me to celebrate with you when you achieve successes is my greatest honor. It doesn't matter if we are talking about school, college, friends, dreams, fears or even about seemingly nothing at all - you brighten my day and help me feel like I have a purpose.

Tonight I was able to talk with former students and even parents of some former students. I can't tell you how neat it is to see what they are doing now. How some have started a family or recently got married. I love hearing the stories of how Vantage has helped them and is responsible for the great careers they have today. I appreciate all the kind words they say about our shared time together.

I don't know if it's realistic to think that all of you will still remember much of the details of high school 18 years after you graduate, but if you do remember high school and think of me, I hope you will always know that I care about you, I believe in you and I am thankful to have had the honor of knowing you and being a part of your lives!

My greatest desire in life is to make a difference. And, for the record, to me, making a difference isn't necessarily a big, grand impact - it is the small details, the connections shared, and the impact that we can hopefully have on one another. I know without a doubt that you make a difference in my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment