Sunday, November 30, 2014

Home stretch

Well I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and enjoyed the days we had off of school. I am sure many of you were out on Friday, fighting the crowds and enjoying the rush and madness of Black Friday. I for one have never ever gone out on black Friday nor did I ever intend to, until this year. Actually my wife and I went over to Lima about 10:30 in the morning and went straight to Toys-R-Us to get a great deal on a pak-n-play playpen for our future grandchild. The baby is due in March but we couldn't pass up this deal. We were back home by 11:30. That is my black Friday experience and actually it wasn't bad at all. Of course, I would only do this for that future bundle of joy.

Well with the Thanksgiving holiday behind us and a few days of rest, I hope everyone is re-charged and ready for the final stretch of the first semester. There will be a lot of stuff going on in the next three weeks, yes I said the next three weeks. Can you believe that is all we have left until the Christmas break. During the next three weeks, we will be starting the toys for tots campaign, a whole school assembly (Dec 4th), National Technical Honor Society banquet (Dec 9th), and our Christmas Buffet on December 11th. I will be having a FAFSA presentation for any interested seniors coming up the week of the 8th. I encourage the seniors to continually check out the scholarship page on our website. I also have a link to the scholarship page on this site. The Elks MVP Scholarship is due this Friday, December 5th. A reminder to any student that is working on their virtual learning credits, they have until after Christmas break to finish their assignments. After Christmas break, there will be a cost for the on-line course. And finally, we will be having our semester exams the third week of December before the break.  

I know it sounds like there is so much to do and so little time but please don't stress out. Take it one day at a time, enjoy each and every day for the gift that it truly is and everything will work out. If you need help with organizing your daily schedule or starting to feel overwhelmed, please stop by my office and we can chat. I will cover more on the Financial aid presentation that I am putting on for the seniors in my next blog along with the home school dates for their financial aid meetings.

No comments:

Post a Comment